After hundreds of years of biological studies, people keep searching and finding new species of animals, birds, fish, and insects. Some of these creatures look so extraordinary that it’s difficult to believe we live on the same planet. It is incredible that these people don’t give up.
According to some scientists, Earth is home to approximately 8.7 million plant and animal species while 91 percent of sea species and 86 percent of land species are yet to be discovered. It seems nature will never stop surprising us with its creativity and challenging our imagination!
Here we have some unique animals that look so beautiful:
1. Royal flycatchers can boast colorful crests giving them a distinctive “hammerhead” appearance.
2. The blue parrots’ color is unbelievable!
3. A red face is a distinctive feature of the bald uakari, monkeys with an unusual appearance.
4. The giraffe weevil got its name because of its long neck.
5. The blanket octopus is a true masterpiece of nature. Just look at its colorful “blanket” with unbelievable patterns!
6. Don’t get scared, it’s just a pink fairy armadillo. It’s adorable if you take a closer look!
7. This black lizard looks surreal.
8. Red-lipped batfish could star in a lipstick commercial! They look perfect!
9. Meet Umbonia Spinosa: thorn-shaped bugs that look extraterrestrial!
10. A horse color breed called Appaloosa is very popular in the US. This breed is valued for its beautiful color patterns that challenge the imagination.
11. The shoebill is a bird that looks pretty charismatic thanks to its big shoe-shaped bill.
12. Meet the barreleye fish, small deep-sea fish with barrel-shaped eyes and transparent heads. They look stunning!